Senior Analytics Engineer
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
The Senior Analytics Engineer is responsible for integrating data into the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) from various internal and SaaS sources using a cloud ELT platform, AWS Lambda/Glue, and Python to support downstream teams with reporting (Snowflake, Databricks or Redshift).
You will work with Product, Technology, and Compliance & Security teams to identify source data locations as well as extract-load and transform source data into usable metrics for business consumption.
You will work with our Product, Technology, and Compliance & Security teams in an Agile capacity to continue to provide customer-obsessed service in the day-to-day while also defining roadmaps/plans for the delivery of innovative data solutions.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Implemented data pipelines between source and target systems using various methods
- Operated as an ELT / Analytics Engineer to develop, maintain, and curate data sources for consumption
- Worked with cross-functional stakeholders to plan, schedule, develop and deploy migration efforts to Snowflake data warehouse
- Developed models from landing DB to various destination schemas (incremental tables, views, and tables)
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Technology background, especially in cloud-based architecture with a deep understanding of software development and a passion for data and analytics
- Experience with linear and non-linear regression models and predictive forecasts using open source frameworks
- Experience with end-to-end data and algorithm pipeline and DAG development as well as orchestration tools such as Snowflake, DBT, Git, Airflow, Data Science IDEs, etc
- High proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience with AWS Lambda functionality and AWS security
- Data Engineering background is a plus!
Compensation at Komodo Health
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Komodo Health. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.